C++ Software Developer, 6 month contract
Akouto is seeking a C++ Software Developer for a 6 month contract opportunity with possibility of extension. The candidate will be enhancing the capabilities of a proprietary automated test framework and adding code to validate new features of a VoIP product developed by one of our clients. Development is done in C++ on Windows using the MSVC++ IDE.
- B.Eng or B.Sc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience developing software in C++
- Must understand VoIP concepts & protocols, strong grasp of IP networking and protocols
- Experience using Wireshark to analyse network traffic and troubleshoot issues
- Familiarity with MSVC++ development environment & tools
- Ability to learn complex software systems by reviewing & analysing existing C++ code
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work remotely (from home) and access systems via windows remote desktop
Duties will include:
- Reviewing existing code base to understand the structure and classes
- Add capabilities to the existing test framework by implementing new classes and extending existing classes in C++
- Review specifications for new features and define test cases following existing practices and design patterns
- Develop test code in C++, run and debug new test cases to validate product features
Report defects and validate fixes
- Capture network traffic using Wireshark and analyse Ethernet and IP packets to confirm their structure and contents conform to defined specifications
Akouto collaborates with an elite group of professional consultants in the GTA to ensure our clients receive products and services that meet the highest standards for quality and reliability.
If you are a seasoned consultant with experience delivering innovative solutions and would like to join our network of professionals we would love to hear from you.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a consultant delivering enterprise or carrier grade software solutions
- Expert in at least one of C/C++, Java, PHP, Python
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
Duties will include
- Creation of system design specifications and user documentation
- Creation of work break downs and effort estimates
- Software design, code and test
- Working at Akouto premises, customer sites or from your location
Please forward your professional bio or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also click on the button below to join our professional group on LinkedIn.
Please note that group membership requires the skills listed above.